Intermediate Accountant 3-5 years’ experience
We are not looking for your average accountant!
Our purpose is to help every client exceed their goals so that they become financially independent. The GTC Financial team is ethical, we take pride in the quality of all that we do, we have a strong focus on teamwork and deliver on what we promise. Results focused, we are always looking for new ideas and ways to improve.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns for all entities including sole traders, partnerships, trusts, companies and SMSFs.
- Preparation of BAS/IAS returns, FBT returns, PAYG Summary reports, PAYG withholding variation application for all entities.
- Complete client data input as required, generate necessary journal entries and review trial balance.
- Provide client assistance with compliance matters arising from PAYG, GST, Workcover, superannuation, Centrelink and other government agencies.
- Provide general assistance with the processing of all bookkeeping and accounting tasks for your team.
Key competencies for success in this role include:
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Studying toward Bachelor of Business majoring in accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years practical experience and applied knowledge.
- Able to prepare financial statements and tax returns for sole traders and partnerships.
- Good understanding of the accounting and tax system.
- Proficient with accounting packages (MYOB & Xero in particular) and Microsoft office applications incl. PDF editor.
- Ability to show initiative and meet reporting timeframes.
- Strong ability to solve problems, offer solutions make decisions.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and complete many tasks at any one time.
Does this sound like you? Apply now and snap up this excellent opportunity to work for a firm with a solid reputation and a strong work/play ethic whilst offering a fantastic long-term career path with ongoing professional development.
How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements, 'Apply for this job' and attach your cover letter and CV.
If you have any questions, please call: 07 4972 5177 or email: Kerry.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.